10 Safety Travel Tips
for Solo Traveler in Nairobi
Hi, I'm Sinja
Safety Travel Tips
Our top 10 Safety Travel Tips will help you to overcome your fear and travel more secure in Nairobi.
Traveling in Nairobi alone as a solo traveller can be very scary when you listen to travel warning advice and news about tourism in Nairobi.
For the last six years, I have been traveling in Kenya as a solo traveler; it has taken me a while to explore Nairobi city alone.
Therefore, out of experience, I have organized a list of safety travel tips for solo traveller in Nairobi, which will guide you while walking around Nairobi city.
10 Safety Travel Tips for solo traveler in Nairobi
- Don’t look like a typical tourist
- Don’t take pictures without asking for permission
- Don’t carry any plastic bags to Kenya
- Don’t smoke or drink in public
- Don’t forget to bring your original passport
- Don’t accept prices without bargaining
- Don’t walk around in the darkness
- Don’t leave your window open in your car
- Don’t eat or drink anything from the streets
- Don’t trust salespeople in the streets
In addition, I am giving deep insights on more insider tips on how to dress appropriately, a bargaining rule I learned on the hard way, and the best way on how to move around Nairobi safely.
Take a moment to think about how you can implement these rules, note it down and comment below; which safety travel tip has helped you most.
Importantly, share with other travel addicts your learnings you had while traveling solo in other big cities around the world.
Remember that your comment might inspire and motivate another solo traveller to overcome her fear and make her first solo trip happen.
With all my love,
P.S.: Lastly, get weekly solo travel tips, travel inspiration and safety updates I only share via email here.